Winter is here and it can take a toll on your skin. Often we hear our clients requesting ideas to prevent dry or cracked skin. At Eclipse MedSpa we offer some amazing anti-aging treatments and aesthetic services in conjunction with a diligent skin care routine. Below we’ve included our top 8 tips to keeping your skin happy and smooth this winter.
1. Boost Your Moisturizer. Layer several hydrating products to help your skin restore and retain moisture. You may want to incorporate a serum in addition to your regular moisturizer or even a face oil. Add a skin hydrating mask to your weekly regimen to boost hydration.
2. Schedule Your Hydrating Facial.We offer an array of custom facials that deliver unrivaled levels of moisture to quench dry, uncomfortable skin and exfoliate dead skin cells. At Eclipse MedSpa we will evaluate your skin and identify the right treatment for your particular issues. With regular facials you can have beautiful, glowing skin all winter long.
3. Buy A Humidifier. Many swear by keeping a humidifier in their bedroom during the cold winter months. This helps your skin absorb humidity so that it can retain its balance.
4. Boost Your Body Lotion. Keep the skin all over your body hydrated by adding oil to your lotion. This gives it an extra hydrating boost and soothes itchiness. Some great ones to try include Argan, coconut, avocado or Vitamin E oil.
5. No Hot Water? No Problem. As nice as a steamy shower can be, hot water strips our skin of its essential natural oils. Those oils help the skin maintain its protective barrier, which is absolutely critical for healthy skin.
6. Hydration Boost. Apply your serums, moisturizer and lotions as soon as you get out of the shower. The hydration boost we get from a shower is only viable for three minutes, so slather on your moisturizer of your choice asap.
7. Soft Lips. Many suffer from chapped lips during winter months. Avoid licking your lips as much as possible. Apply a lip balm with SPF 15 under lipstick and throughout the day.
8. Sunscreen Time. Don’t let the winter months deceive you. The winter UV rays can cause damage to your skin, just as much as summer UV rays. Keep applying sunscreen every single day, rain or shine, even if you’re only going to be outside for five minutes.
We hope these tips will help you combat winter dryness and glow all season long. If you have questions or would like to learn more, contact Eclipse MedSpa today!